iPhone 8(+) About ready to get the 8 plus for cheap but how much better are IOS apps over Android?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuzo, Dec 9, 2018.

1. cuzo macrumors 6502a

I don't have a macbook nor do I desire one but I have a Ipad and was thinking about getting a iPhone mostly for better typing experience. Currently have the S8 regular and it's too thin and hard to type on.

I wanna know how much better are IOS apps.... I mostly use free applications, don't play too much games on a phone except Poker and I do read alot of gambling apps.

So is the app quality worth switching to Iphone? Or stick with android if you don't use specific IOS apps like Guitar band.

Which apps are exclusive to IOS that Android doesn't have?

2. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

Unless you have very specific needs you’ll probably find that most of the main apps that people use are available on both platforms. However many apps come to iOS first, in some cases they can be available on iOS several months or even up to a year before they come to android.

3. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

I am going to assume you have tried other keyboard apps and launchers to see if that helps.
    You are going to find that the iPhone isn’t any better or any worse. I currently use a Razer and an iphone 8+.
    The Razer giver me more options however both keyboards work and have their unique personalities.
    Sounds more like device size is an issue. Still, if you want to try an iPhone, the apps exist pretty much in both landscapes. Connectivity to various clouds and app info sharing (plus default apps) could be an issue. That flexibility that Android allows exists only in part in iOS.

4. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502a

okay, I'm gonna pick up something this week for sure.

Maybe I need something much bigger to ensure keying accuracy.

5. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Have you tried either SwiftKey or Google’s G-Board on your current phone?

When it comes to tablets, I like Apples keyboard, but on phones, I much prefer to swipe-type. If you’re a one-handed user, then swipe-typing’s very convenient.

6. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502a

my current phone is a s8 which is a 5'8 inch and narrow and it doesn't matter what keyboard I use I cannot type well. I don't wanna spend 1000 bucks on a mate 20 pro so I'm looking for something between 4 to 6.

I will probably get the 8 plus over the xr due to the 3d touch and just keep that for 3 years.

I'm downloading ios apps on my ipad to see if there is any difference. All my banking and social and so forth.

The Oneplus imo has a bad camera and I don't like the pixel 3 with no face unlock.

7. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Ok, I hear ya. My X is also 5.8” & narrow.

Those swipe keyboards I suggested are made for narrow screens, hence why I don’t use them on tablets so much, as the swipes are too long on the iPad’s Landscaped orientation (which is how I use the tablet most of the time).

If you haven’t tried them yet, give them a go.

8. rafark macrumors 6502a

rafark

the iOS keyboard is extremely smooth compared to android's. I've typed on different androids and always missed keys. You'll love typing on an iPhone.

9. cuzo thread starter macrumors 6502a

glad you feel me brother, IMO my old HTC 10 was better and keyboard accuracy due to it being a tad bit wider, the s8, s9 formula that eventually apple followed with the X IMO was just not that good, the extra width helped on the regular 7 and 8.

Good thing apple went with the massive 6.5 to really address narrowness and the xr isn't bad either.

I'll try swype. I have it on swiftkey.
    --- Post Merged, Dec 9, 2018 ---
    You feel me? IOS keyboard is just way smoother imo...