About ready to install VMware Fusion... need quick question answered

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by marklight, Mar 18, 2008.

1. marklight macrumors 6502

Can I use boot camp and VMware Fusion using the same partition. If I install windows using boot camp and then I install fusion - and set it to use that partition can I go back and forth between virtualization (fusion) and native windows (boot camp) on that same partition?

2. antdgar macrumors member

I'm not sure what you mean... You can run native windows after installing fusion to run on that partition..

3. pastrychef macrumors 601

pastrychef

Yes, Fusion can use Bootcamp partitions.

Yes, even if you install Fusion, you can still boot from the Bootcamp partition. It won't mess anything up.

4. lakerbob macrumors member

Hi,

I'm in the process of doing this too. I'm confused about what size fusion partition to create. My boot camp partition is 100gb with vista installed. What size do I make the virtual disk? I plan on using windows for gaming and so on.

Thanks

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

If you're using the BC partition, you don't need to create a new one or choose a size. Just tell Fusion to use your BC partition. Then install the VM Ware tools, which should show up as a virtual CD or D: Drive in My Computer.

6. lakerbob macrumors member

Thanks for the help! I had selected a new partition instead of the boot camp partition.