About saving a picture

Belle-vue

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2007
Hi

does anyone know how can I save a picture through the safari thing? or even the firefox? because in windows whenever I want to save a picture from the web i click on save as picture but in mac I really dont know how it works? so can anyone help me on this please :apple:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Right click on the image and you should see several options, depending on which browser you use, to do things such as saving the image to your Desktop, saving it to another location, adding it to iPhoto, or making it your Desktop background image.

Or even simpler than that, just drag the image from your browser to your Desktop.

eluk

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2006
East London, UK
Hi

does anyone know how can I save a picture through the safari thing? or even the firefox? because in windows whenever I want to save a picture from the web i click on save as picture but in mac I really dont know how it works? so can anyone help me on this please :apple:
Right click the image and select 'save image as'. Job done.

eluk

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2006
East London, UK
Right click on the image and you should see several options, depending on which browser you use, to do things such as saving the image to your Desktop, saving it to another location, adding it to iPhoto, or making it your Desktop background image.

Or even simpler than that, just drag the image from your browser to your Desktop.
Split second slow on the draw, Cowboy. :)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
That will work most of the time. However, if the image is a link (like the macrumors logo above) it won't. Then you probably want to command-shift-4, which will allow you to draw a box around the area you want to save as a picture. The picture will be saved to your desktop.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Drag the picture to the desktop, or Right click and select "Save Image to Desktop" or "Save Image As"
If the part confusing you is the right click part, depending on what you have, you can....

- Hold Ctrl and press the main mouse / trackpad button to get a contextual menu (all Macs)

- Tap with two fingers (all current Mac notebooks)

- Lift your index finger and tap with your middle finger on the right side only of the Mighty Mouse (Mighty Mouse).