About Security Update 2007-004

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reflow, Apr 22, 2007.

1. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Has anyone have is problem. After updating on the newset security update on my 12" PB runs really hot on the battery. I did downloaded apple's temp widget and is reading 136.4F on processor topside is this normal as it never got this hot

2. vizzener macrumors newbie

other problem

I have a double USB G3 laptop and since installing Security Update 2007-004 whenever I close my laptop or if it goes to sleep for any period of time my wireless connection (airport) is dropped and I have to restart to get it back- very irritating and inconvenient. Any suggestions?

3. melias99 macrumors newbie

Problems with Security Update 4

Hello,

I just installed the newest security update and am finding it impossible to sign on to either iChat or on AIM. Yahoo messenger starts up just fine, but not the others. I am getting really frustrated at this point, even having downloaded the OS-X 10.4.9 as suggested by MacFixit, and then overwriting over the existing operating system, but still no luck.

If anyone is familiar with problem and has figured out a work around, I would really appreciate a note telling of the same,

Cheers,

Mark Elias

4. iLoveMyMBP macrumors regular

iLoveMyMBP

I had MAJOR problems...after the update installed it asked to restart...i restarted but it wouldn't go pass the apple screen. I put in my restore disc and ran disc utility and then tried again. It worked but it took nearly 10 mintues to fully load into the OS. Everything seems fine....for now!

5. macandpc macrumors newbie

When I did the update my isight stop working on my macbook. That pc is on its way to cali and I should get a new one.

6. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

Is it possible to UN-update?

Is it possible to UN-update?

since update, my aex doesn't work as well -- it seems to log off after sleep.
    my usb drive quits on sleep too (even when connected directly to my mb) telling me about device removal upon wake.

7. orangemacapple macrumors 6502

i guess i'll just have to live with it til leopard, or a new update

8. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

Has anyone ran across this issue? My wifes Macbook (specs below) got updated with 2007-004. It wouldn't boot into OS X. After trying to boot from the install disc and a few other things (reseting pram etc) it booted. But now every so often (Seems like every couple of days) my wifes Mac sorta freezes. The screen goes black, and the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive. The sleep light is unlit until you close the lid. Then it stays bright (the system doesn't go to sleep). The only way we know of thus far is to Hold the power button down and restart the system (which I assume isn't good for the computer in the long run).

I have cleared her cache, and am now looking to reinstall 10.4.9. Should I just ignore the update? Maybe something went funky with the files. I noticed that she had a bunch of programs running after I had already installed the update, the system looked like it had a hard time closing some of them (Neo Office, Safari, and iChat). Maybe something there had hosed the system stuff.

Anyways, thanks for the help.

9. Reflow thread starter macrumors 68000

Reflow

*Resolved*

Well I opened up Activity Monitor and noticed that Firefox was using 66% of the CPU. Since then I did realize that I was still running Firefox 1.5. Updated to 2.0 and everything seems fine now

10. theBB macrumors 68020

theBB

Have you by any chance interfered while it was booting? I guess it needs to do a double boot and it takes longer than usual right after the update. Try the combo update for 10.4.9, the last time I had some strange issues, apparently my interference prevented the update to fully install itself.

11. rockstarjoe macrumors 6502a

rockstarjoe

My Macbook took a very long time to boot into OS X, and then it rebooted. So for those of you who thought your computer had locked up while booting, perhaps it was doing what mine did and just hadn't completed the update.

12. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I re installed 10.4.9. Then ran the updater again. This time I had nothing else running (I also ran it under my account versus under hers). So far so good. We will see if that fixed the issue.

13. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

Anyone using a TiBook here with Panther? I did this update and now my AP card gets no signal after sleeping, but runs fine after a restart. Really annoying, and has only happened after this update.

Anxious to hear any similar stories.

14. MarkCollette macrumors 68000

MarkCollette

Damn it, I wish I'd read this thread before updating. I thought my hard drive had died, since it looked like it was hanging on booting, and it wasn't properly going into target disk mode. So now it's at the repair shop.