? about setting phone up as new, and the cloud.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssledoux, Sep 11, 2016.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

If you set your phone up as a new phone, what happens to your stuff in the cloud? I mean can you still access it and put your photos and stuff from the cloud back on it?

I was planning to just restore mine from my backup, but after reading the other thread about that, I wonder if I should just set it up as new.

2. dennysanders macrumors 6502

dennysanders

it's perfectly safe/normal to restore an iCloud backup to your iPhone rather than setting it up as new

3. Beefburga macrumors regular

Beefburga

I've always restored from a backup right through from the iPhone 3G days and never had any issues.

4. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You can setup as new if you like. Once you login to your cloud services they will sync the data to your device. iCloud photo for example, once you turn that on and select your storage option will load all of the photos or thumbnails on your device for you. The main thing the restore does for you is preference settings like alarms or ringtones or wallpaper. Things like that. You might as well do a restore first. If you find you are having issues at that point you can clear your device and setup as new. Might as well try it first since it does work.

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

If you setup as new, all your iCloud stuff will sync back to your phone. You will lose all your health data though