Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zolito

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 17, 2014
I would like to ask about this clear plastic shell for the macbook pro and I have the following questions:

Does it cause any type of slight damages or scratches to the body or the screen of the macbook?
Will the transparency will change by type and turn into yellowish plastic or not clear color?
Is it provided by bottom anti slipping footings?

Any disadvantages observed?

Thanks a lot.

TimStait

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2014
I know that this thread would be better suited in the MBP section as there is a whole thread on cases, so it might get moved.

I use one on my 13" rMBP and don't really have any issues. Only thing you need to bear in mind is that the later rMBP was about 1mm smaller and you'll need to buy the case that fits your machine.

There are feet on the bottom of the case to stop it slipping around. By all accounts these can discolour over time, but can also be replaced.

I haven't got any scratches etc. My only frustration is when you notice a smudge or bit of dust on the inside of the case.

Would recommend.

glenthompson

macrumors demi-god
Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
As long as you have a good backpack or computer bag to transport it in you don't need a hard shell case. In the three years I've had it my MBP has been all over the country and the only scratch is on the speaker grill where my wife dropped something on it. The outside looks almost brand new and has never had a case on it. I always transport it in a backpack in its own compartment.

I just don't like the way the cases look and prefer the clean aluminum look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.