About switching AT&T's 2 GB and 200 MB plans...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paradoxeon, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Paradoxeon macrumors member

So last week or so, I switched my iPhone 4 to the 2 GB plan from 200 MB. I'm still unclear about the costs for this (e.g., does AT&T add 25$ to the existing 15$ plan, is there a "switching fee", etc.). I switched in the first place because I went on vacation and wanted Wi-Fi on the go with MyWi/TetherMe for iPhone 4. Unfortunately, my usage has slowed considerately in the last few days since I'm back home and with a regular Wi-Fi network. So I want to switch back to 200 MB. I'm wondering about the costs, like I said. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks.

2. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

It's all prorated. For example if your billing cycle starts on the first of the month and you switched to the 2GB plan on the 15th they would charge you half for each plan. So $7.50 for the 200MB plan and an additional $12.50 for the 2GB plan, $20 total. An easy way to do the math would be to add $.50 for each day you had the 200MB plan and $.80 for the remaining days left in the month. for each day you had You can still switch back over to the 200MB plan but you would want to wait until your new billing cycle ends since you surely used over 200MB's this past month. AT&T does not charge a fee to change your data plan

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

If you manage your account online you can set it to do it retroactively or at the start of your next billing period too. That way you don't have to pay any prorated amounts at all.