?? about syncing ical between computer and touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chutney, Nov 3, 2009.

1. chutney macrumors newbie

I am trying to sync my calendars(ical). The sync only goes back two months on the touch so I can't check days I worked in August. Everything shows on my mac. I would like to be able to see everything on my touch. I have mobile me and I sync with computer through usb.
    Any help?

Thanks,
    m

2. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

You have to do it on the iPod touch:

Settings > Mail, Cont., Cal. > scroll down to Calendars > Sync > choose "All events" :)

3. chutney thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

Thanks for reply. I went "Settings > Mail, Cont., Cal. > scroll down to Calendars >" and my choices were "New Invitation Alerts(On or Off): Time Zone Support: or Default Calendar. I have 1st Gen iPod touch version 3.1.2 .

I then on inspiration when into iTunes. I went into the info tab of my iPod. There I unchecked the "Do not sync events older than ___ days old." I now have complete data in iCal on Touch.

I have only had my mac for a year and I'm still learning.

m

4. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

5. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

I slowly start to understand. :eek::)

You're syncing your iPod touch differently than I do. I never sync iCal via iTunes to the iPod touch.

I sync iCal to the Mobile Me cloud and I sync my iPod touch to the MM cloud as well. It works flawlessly, but I ask myself: Should I do it like you? Would that be faster? Would it save bandwith? :confused:

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

It would save $100 a year! :D

7. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

That's not the point. I didn't buy Mobile Me because of the sync option alone, of course. The question remains: Would it be faster chutney's way? Is it more reliable my way?

8. jzuena macrumors 6502a

jzuena

I would think its the other way around. Wirelessly syncing with Mobile Me is faster, since as soon as your touch can contact the servers it can get updates. It might be more reliable, too, since you can't forget to sync. But keeping WiFi on all the time drains the battery faster, requiring you to recharge more often. And if you recharge from the USB port on your computer, you are getting more iTunes syncs, too.

9. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Thanks for your reply. I hadn't thought of the drainage of the battery. On the other hand: It's not that big a problem since the iPod's battery is never empty in the evening. After two years of daily use, it still last long enough. :)

10. tabanjoman macrumors newbie

sync ipod touch to ical

thanks for all the above.
    I've only had my ipod touch for two weeks.

My ical is useless if I can't sync events i've entered while on the road with the iCal on my iMac.

Is there a way to do this?

11. Shirotai macrumors member

Shirotai

Check out Mobile Me.