About that AT&T Throttling...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by colbertnation, Oct 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. colbertnation macrumors regular

So, anyone affected seeing any slower speeds?

I'm currently at 3GB in my monthly billing cycle, and I'm not sure if I'm being throttled or or not at the moment. Either the Internet usage I do is at par with the speeds I've been getting, or the throttling is quite unnoticeable. I'm reading about 1Mbps dl and .5Mbps ul, but that's not surprising given that I'm in a crowded area in a crowded city. I guess I'll have to do another speedtest once my next billing cycle begins at the end of this week and see if I'm getting consistently improved speeds.

Edit: I just installed the Speedtest.app, so I don't have previously recorded speeds to compare this with. I guess I will know for sure at the end of this week, but until then, anyone else see any difference?

2. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

nope not me i use about 7GB a month no tethering..i get 5mb down 3mb up

just track your speeds like you said..im not sure att is doing this to major lots of people..i assume people have been throttled down but not so much everyone is complaining about it..they just say that to get people to take it easy on there network :D

3. littlejob macrumors newbie

what are you doing on your phone ? netflix stream? slingbox?
    now thats some data

4. colbertnation thread starter macrumors regular

Well, that's definitely encouraging news! I thought 3-4GB was definitely the upper most limit when throttling kicks in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.