All iPads About that M7...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Coomb, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Coomb macrumors member

Does it have any current value other than saving battery power? I can certainly see the asset in putting it in the iPhone as I run with the phone and the Nike+ app. But the iPad? I know we don't have crystal balls and don't know what developers might do with it but what sort of fitness app could easily integrate an iPad?

2. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

It takes some of the processing workload away from the main CPU, making things faster.

3. Coomb thread starter macrumors member

Ah, okay, thank you! I was worried that I might miss out on some apps that require it (which is possible) if I went with the previous generation. Good to know!

4. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Don't think it is to make things faster. Instead it can process certain inputs (like the gyroscope or GPS) while the A7 is in sleep mode saving energy.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Is it even used right now, I don't know if any apps that take advantage of the technology or is more that the OS offloads specific CPU processing to it?

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yes it's used by the os too. All locational & gyro data is processed by the m7. If polled for that info it's passed on.