About The Finance And The Education Discounts?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by apple-steve, Aug 2, 2007.

1. apple-steve macrumors newbie

Hi i live in the U.K and i want to buy a MacBook Pro which my parents said they can buy on Finance which is £40 a month for 3 years. My Brother is in uni and has a student card,

Can i use the student card to get the discount and still have my parents do the Finance.

If so how do you do it? Also i would pref like to buy online

Thanks

Steve

2. thegreatest21 macrumors newbie

Good Question!

I was wondering if I could do that but I am sure it can be done. I might give Apple a call...

3. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

If you are not in university then, strictly speaking, you are not eligible. However, your parents can certainly pay for the computer your brother will buy and then give to you (because he loves you so much). Your brother is allowed to buy one machine a year and do whatever he wants with it. However, there are a number of student discounts in the UK and some are better than others. Check this thread.

4. mr_matalino macrumors 6502a

mr_matalino

The terms and conditions of Apple for student purchases (for US buy probably the same in the UK):

Who is Eligible To Purchase
    The following education individuals are eligible to purchase through the Apple Store for Education individuals:

Faculty or staff member of a public or private Higher Education Institution
    Student currently attending or accepted into a public or private Higher Education Institution
    Parent purchasing on behalf of their child who is a student currently attending or accepted into public or private Higher Education Institution

I represent that I am a member of one of the defined groups above, eligible to purchase and that the products being purchased direct from Apple Inc. are for the personal, education, and/or research use of a student, faculty, or staff member.

So he really can't do "whatever" he wants with it :)