About the iPod and Printer rebates.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by L`-, Jul 18, 2007.

1. L`- macrumors newbie

L`-

I know you have to submit the UPC tags from the boxes of the iPod and your computer to complete the rebate claim, but what do you do when they ask you to submit the UPC from the mac box again when applying for the printer rebate claim.

I can cut the UPC out of the printer box yet I don't have another "original UPC" from the mac box seeing how I already sent it out with the iPod UPC.

Also I ordered my mac online, is there anything I need to send other than the UPCs? I read something about submitting a sales receipt and invoices?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

I haven't done this myself, but as I recall, you can include a photocopy of the UPC for one of the rebates and enclose a note saying that you submitted the original with the rebate.

As for the receipt, you should be able to mail in a copy of the e-mail receipt/invoice they sent you.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I did this last year and had to photocopy the UPC and include a note, just like WildCowboy suggests, for one of the rebates, I believe the printer one. It worked flawlessly...just takes awhile for your rebate to get back to you. :) You'll have no problem getting both items for free.

4. L`- thread starter macrumors newbie

L`-

5. Shotgun Pete macrumors regular

the outher mac box has a upc and serial number tag on it, as does the inner one, each mac comes with two upc's on it you're in the clear.

6. EngBrian macrumors regular

I seem to remember on the ipod rebate form i sent in that there was a box to check regarding your UPC being sent in for another rebate.

7. crusher macrumors member

In what form do mail-in rebates come back to you?

cash? cheque? please help me out.