About the iPod Touch 5........

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AleksRider1999, Jul 8, 2012.

1. AleksRider1999 macrumors newbie

I would not say that the iPod Touch 5 is going to come out anytime this year. According to one of my friends, he had went to one of the iPod Touch Classes I don't know if anyone has heard of it.... but anyway he had talked to one of the Apple Managers/Workers about the rumors of the new iPod Touch 5th Generation and he said that they didn't even have a prototype made of it, but as always I wouldn't fully trust an Apple Employee on that because they would tell you that so you would buy the previous generation so when the new one comes out you would want to buy the new one. Of course they are probably just doing it for the money :rolleyes: . IF and only IF a new one were to come out even this year, I would think it would come out around September to early October. Of course this is just an assumption. So if you are ever are looking to buy a new iPod Touch I would recommend to just buy the 4th Generation, but that is just my opinion. OH YA that's what else I wanted to say...... Even though the new iPod may come out this year the updates on it are supposed to be very minor. For example there is only supposed to be like a small ram and prossesor upgrade and mabey a few bug fixes here and there...... BUT it may as well be just as good as the 4th Generation iPod Touch. THAT is why I would recommend to just go with the 4th Generation. I myself enjoy all of the features on the 4th and I would agree that the features suite me and that there would be no need for upgrading if a new iPod Touch were to come out.

2. MacIke macrumors regular

MacIke

IF I wanted an iPod Touch 4th Gen, I would have bought last year.

Why should I buy something that is now two years old?

And will not be able to updated in iOS 7 in a year or so.

3. AleksRider1999 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well MacIke even though the iPod 4th Gen is about 2 years old, you will still be able to upgrade it to the new IOS systems because the new iPod Touch the 4th or the (mabey) upcoming 5th Gen will most likely be the last of the iPod Touch Series because everyone has stuck to the 4th Gen and the next one is going to only have like 2 new updates if there is even going to be a new one coming out any time soon....... So yes you should just invest in the 4th Gen. I mean look at the iPhone 3rd Gen....... its REALLY old and it is still going to be able to get the new IOS 6 this fall..... Im not lying look on the :apple: apple website. So by my judgment I would think the 4th Gen will be able to get the last few IOS upgrades for the iPod Touch Series. So if I were you i would just buy the iPod Touch 4th Gen. ;)

4. MacIke macrumors regular

MacIke

THe 3rd gen is NOT on the upgrade list for iOS6.

The 4th is still two years old.
    Rumors are pointing heavily toward a 5th Gen iPod Touch come September. So hold out for a little over a month.

5. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wait so you say Apple employees are coercing people to buy the 4 and then you say buy the 4 anyway? Your post doesn't make sense.

6. myrtlebee macrumors 68000

myrtlebee

If people take advice from this poster who is 12 or 13 years old and who thinks he has uncovered some top secret information because his friend spoke with a store employee who has no clue about any of Apple's plans, I have a piece of pocket lint I'm willing to part with for $50. Anyone interested?

7. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

It'll probably come out, but most likely not this year. They never release an iPod and iPhone in that short of period. They want people to break down and buy an iPhone, because they make over twice the profit over an iPod touch. I would expect it early summer/later spring next year.