About the Juniper Visa Card!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by montblanc1, Jun 24, 2009.

1. montblanc1 macrumors member

According to the Apple official website:

With your new Juniper Visa Card, you’ll get 0% financing for up to 12 months on your first product purchase of at least $1,000 (inclusive of tax and shipping) on the Apple Online Store, or 0% financing for up to 90 days on your first product purchase of less than $1,000 (inclusive of tax and shipping) on the Apple Online Store.

So my problem comes: for example, if I want to purchase a 1399 macbook, can I pay 1000 dollars immediately, and pay the extra 399 separately in the coming next 12 month?(each month about 33 dollar~~~)

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Well you pay the full amount up front such as $1000 cash (Juniper card, cash) and also the balance so $399 plus tax depending on how much they give you for credit.
    The way I'm reading your post is you only pay $1000 then they bill you…the difference on the card? I think this is how you mean it and not $1000 now and the rest after you have room on a card :eek:

3. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

If they aren't making any money off 0% interest then I wouldn't see why not.

But the Juniper card (I've heard) is shady at best for some people. Best to call a rep and ask.

4. kap09 macrumors 6502

I don't follow your logic.

Why not put the entire purchase on the card, and put that cash you were going to pay upfront in something that will earn you a little interest in the meantime. Then payoff the entire card before the promo expires.

BTW, I just opened an itunes card to purchase my mbp. This is only no interest, and not a no payments for 12 months plan. So you'll need to make a monthly payment during that time anyway.

5. glycon macrumors newbie

Put it all on the card and pay $1000 when you receive your 1st bill.

6. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Yes I know first hand, great credit and some odd number given for the card which made no sense with no interest for 90 days. It was like half the amount I wanted to purchase just to keep interest in the bank for the extra 90 days. Odd but what ever it all worked out in the end.

7. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

i suspect you're going to find that you'll only have 90 days since you would be charging only $399 and not an amount over $1000 which you would need to do to get the payments spread out over 12 months.....although I may not be understanding how you're thinking of paying the first 1000

8. kap09 macrumors 6502

If you're set on paying the 1k upfront, this would be the way to go

This was the case with my approval too. The instant decision said $1990, but after setting up the account login and getting the first statement, the card has a 2k limit. I don't know why they do the weird amount in the decision notice.

Juniper is a notoriously whacky creditor though.

9. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

I agree with this method as well - this way you qualify for the 0% interest. After that, it's illegal for a lender to stop you from paying off a debt early or whittling it down to near nothing.

But heed the fine print... DO NOT be a day late for any payments on that remaining $399 balance. You're interest rate will skyrocket and then some. Happened to me years ago when we were still paying bills via snail mail and my payment got lost. (Snippety-snip went that card)

Thankfully, here in the U.S. we're about a year away from some serious crackdown on certain CC practices. I can't wait and hope the bastards rot in hell.

10. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

and DON'T assume that your payment due date will coincide with the 90 days or 12 months or whatever the offer is..........I've read a number of complaints from people who thought their billing cycle would match the offer only to find that the 90 days ended BEFORE the due date on their card

11. Boogie macrumors newbie

So does anyone know if they will allow me to do something similar?
    I was approved for $1,250 on the Juniper card, but my purchase will amount to something a bit greater than that. Would I be able to charge the full $1,250 max on the card and pay cash for the rest?

12. Benjic macrumors regular

Absolutely, you'll get zero interest on the balance of the card, they can't deny you the deal because they didn't approve you for enough to cover the entire purchase. Ya dig?

13. iTouch macrumors 6502

I would stay away from Juniper Visa. You'll thank me later.

14. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

Um, call them. Why would you be asking financial advice on here?

15. Boogie macrumors newbie

I can dig it, I ended up just ordering it online and doing it this way.

Just beware to anyone trying to do this...If you apply for the card online, you cannot get this offer in the store. You have to get a different card to gain the 0% offer in person at the Apple Store.

16. I3roknI3ottle macrumors member

i ordered my 13" mbp and put 829 towards first cc bill and will pay the remaining off in the next 12 months.

17. lasermn macrumors newbie

18. admanimal macrumors 68040

Can people expand on why the Juniper Visa is so evil rather than giving vague warnings?

19. redheadphones macrumors newbie

Where did this card go?!

Does anyone know if this card still exists? I can't find it anywhere on the site. Is anyone still getting gift cards for points, or did they end that too? Thx. - Rh

20. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They use a double billing cycle.

21. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

Isn't the card on Apple's site now a BarclayCard? I don't see a Juniper, which may be a good thing, because, I as well heard terrible things about it.

22. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

double billing has been officially terminated after july 2010....thank god...

23. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A400 Safari/528.16)

!!! is for exclamations...some news or a discovery perhaps. ??? is for questions. Yours is a question. And one ? is plenty.

24. redheadphones macrumors newbie

Hmm... I have no clue how my post ended up flagged with a !!!, assuming that's what you're referring to. - Rh