About the Mini display to DVI adapter.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lz20, Sep 17, 2010.

1. lz20 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I had two Mini display to DVI adapter for my 2010 MBP13" to my dell 2209WA. The first one stopped working about 2 months ago(I got in May), and the second stopped working yesterday( I got it about 3 weeks ago). If anyone knows what the problem is that?
    Thanks~

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Are they the official ones from Apple or 3rd party ones? Maybe you've had extremely bad luck or then there is something wrong with your Mac or display

3. lz20 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replay. I got it from ebay, it is the 3rd party adapter.
    What I did was just hooked it with my DVI cable with the Dell display, and unplug the mini side from my MBP every morning. Do you thing that is the problem?

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It shouldn't be. Try contacting the seller of the adapters and tell about your issues, maybe he will send you a new one or give a refund. You may want to try a new seller though, it looks like that seller's adapters aren't the highest quality.

5. lz20 thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right, the first time I found out the problem, they asked me if I want refund. I asked for a replacement. And the second one just worked for 3 weeks. I tried to ask them for refund this time, they didn't replay me yet.
    I just ordered another one form newegg. Hope it helps.

6. circularforward macrumors 6502

Although they are quite a bit more expensive, the Apple adapters have the one advantage in being able to receive service from Apple. When my adapter failed on me, I took it into the Apple store, and the genius gave me a brand new one. If you keep having problems, the Apple version may be one to consider just to be able to get Apple to look into it.

7. ljx718 macrumors 6502

the ones from ebay(fake china ones) are crappy at best.