About the Montevina launch

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Skyldig, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Skyldig macrumors regular

Hey,

I'm in the market for buying a MBP, and i'm impatienly waiting for the new revision. I really expected the MBP revision to be launched at 15th of january, but as i'm sure you all know, that didn't happen.

The situation is, that i really don't need the new machine before mid-late summer, and all the talk about Montevina has almost convinced me of waiting until then.

So were down to what i really want to ask.

1. Do you think that the "delay" of the Penryn (the word delay might be a little harsh since no official launchday was ever made public) will have negative effect on the Montevina MBP launch? When do you think we'll see it? May, June, July, August, September? Maybe even October or November?

2. Do you think we'll finally see a slight redesign on the Montevina machine, or will we have to wait another year after that?
    The reason i ask is, that for me apple is all about the design, allthough i also think that OSX is far superior to any Windows OS ever realeased. I would hate to miss a design change if i can avoid it.

Thanks for reading. New MBPs on Feburary 19th. I can feel it...

2. bubble27 macrumors regular

I feel you man!

Montevina is due to be released april/may, whens apple gona decide to wake up and stick them in mbps no-one knows!
    Hope there isnt a repeat of penryn; a month delay before they release an upgrade plus another 2-3 weeks on top of that before they ship :s

Personally im hoping there is no penryn upgrade and apple decides to upgrade as soon as montevina comes out. I can wait til end april to get my first MBP :D

Would be lovely.

Read alot of forums that it does require a re-design, duno for sure tho. Doubt anyone does.