About The Summarization Service in MacOS

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kadir.gunel, Oct 8, 2013.

1. kadir.gunel macrumors newbie

Hello,

I joined this forum today, and I could not find any links or questions about the summarization service in macs. So here I am posting :)

I just discovered that all Macs have a built-in software for text summarization which impressed me very very much. But I want to learn more about this, is this some sort of NLP (Natural Language Programming) software? or are they using another technique for this? Do you guys have any idea?

Thanks in Advance

2. MeUnix macrumors 6502

First off, welcome to MacRumors! :D

As far as the text summarization feature goes, I am not sure how they go about doing it. I'm assuming it is a Natural Language Processing technique. I don't know the specifics behind it, maybe another forum member does and will chime in.

Natural language processing (NLP) is a field of computer science, artificial intelligence, and linguistics concerned with the interactions between computers and human (natural) languages.

I believe this describes pretty much how the text summarization works in Mac OS X, but as I said before I do not know about any specifics about the text summarization feature.

I agree with you too, it is an awesome feature to be able to use :)

3. kadir.gunel thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply MeUnix. I hope we can find more details about this.