Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spesifikbrush

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
I am thinking to return my fresh rMBP 13 to wait for the new models. But I have a question. Will I be able to get one at the launch day with student discount? Or Apple only applies that discount to the models that were available for a while? I'd really like to learn this.

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Should be able to use the discount on any computer regardless of launch time. It's part of their HE agreement, not a bonus they add because their kind to students.

Otherwise, if you've just brought a new Mac, you might find out you can't buy another within 12 months using the same discount. Normally, it's 1 per year.

spesifikbrush

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Should be able to use the discount on any computer regardless of launch time. It's part of their HE agreement, not a bonus they add because their kind to students.

Otherwise, if you've just brought a new Mac, you might find out you can't buy another within 12 months using the same discount. Normally, it's 1 per year.

Oh, I bought this with discount, but I am gonna refund it and get the new one. Will I still be able to get a discount with my new purchase?

papa8706

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
What info do they require online for the education discount now days? I've only done it in store in the past and they just looked at an ID

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
What info do they require online for the education discount now days? I've only done it in store in the past and they just looked at an ID
It depends on the country from where you buy it from. In the US, the online store doesn't validate, but walking into the brick and mortar they may ask for your student id

Reactions: papa8706

spesifikbrush

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2015
Unsure with a refund. Probably okay, possibly down to manager discretion. Can't load up the T&C at the moment to tell you.

Yeah, they are bringing something "new" to us the site says. Thanks for the replies ^^ Can't wait to see the event.

rainbowdementia

macrumors regular
May 3, 2012
I'm doing online classes and am too lazy to go get a student ID, so I hope an email will suffice. Is it the same as a mil. discount?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.