About the upcoming MBP and student discount

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spesifikbrush, Oct 27, 2016.

1. spesifikbrush macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

I am thinking to return my fresh rMBP 13 to wait for the new models. But I have a question. Will I be able to get one at the launch day with student discount? Or Apple only applies that discount to the models that were available for a while? I'd really like to learn this.

2. justin216 macrumors 6502

justin216

Student discount has been available immediately on past launches.

3. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Should be able to use the discount on any computer regardless of launch time. It's part of their HE agreement, not a bonus they add because their kind to students.

Otherwise, if you've just brought a new Mac, you might find out you can't buy another within 12 months using the same discount. Normally, it's 1 per year.

4. spesifikbrush thread starter macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

Oh, I bought this with discount, but I am gonna refund it and get the new one. Will I still be able to get a discount with my new purchase?

5. papa8706 macrumors 6502a

What info do they require online for the education discount now days? I've only done it in store in the past and they just looked at an ID

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It depends on the country from where you buy it from. In the US, the online store doesn't validate, but walking into the brick and mortar they may ask for your student id

7. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Unsure with a refund. Probably okay, possibly down to manager discretion. Can't load up the T&C at the moment to tell you.

8. spesifikbrush thread starter macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

Yeah, they are bringing something "new" to us the site says. Thanks for the replies ^^ Can't wait to see the event.

9. rainbowdementia macrumors member

rainbowdementia

I'm doing online classes and am too lazy to go get a student ID, so I hope an email will suffice. Is it the same as a mil. discount?