About this battery "issue"...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSkier, Oct 18, 2011.

1. iSkier macrumors regular

So I have been hearing all this stuff about the battery problem, but I haven't felt that it has been terrible. I have a bunch of notifications set, push email, location services, iCloud account plus another gmail account, and use mainly wifi. I have 2.5 hours of usage and about 12 hours of standby with 59% battery left, with usage mainly reading emails, playing the occasional game, and web surfing. What have you guys been doing in the settings to help battery life and what is your usage/standby for around 60%?

2. Cdaddy112 macrumors member

2 hours 25 minutes of usage, 14 hours 16 minutes standby, 63% battery left

3. docgerrard macrumors 6502

Thats weird.. my standby battery is great

but I was at 2.5 hours of usage and at at 36% or so

the only setting i have off is bluetooth though

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

Sounds fine. Close enough to what I regularly saw on my 4, and about what I see on my 4S. Currently I'm at 58% with 3hr14min usage, 10hr18min standby.

5. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

My battery life is pathetic. Worse then the 3GS I am coming from.

I don't have the exact stats but I unplugged it at 7AM (95% charge even though it was done charging) It then was completely dead around 4pm with very very light usage. I charged to 40% it was at 20% when I plugged it in around 6:30. Charged it back to 40% and unplugged around 720 it was down to 8% by 9:30 with no usage.

:(

6. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I worked all day and used my phone normally as I did my iP4. After work, I was at 60% very light usage (8 hours). Got home and checked email, did some moderate web surfing, and was down to 10% by 9:00 pm. This was 12 hours off the charger.

In comparison, my iP4 would typically be at 85% by the time I leave work and be at about 50% by bedtime (14 to 16 hours off the charger).

What I have noticed is the back glass of my iP4S is very warm. The iP4 never got warm. I know this has to be eating at the battery. I just don't know what's causing it.

7. hvlien macrumors newbie

Try deleting all your email accounts, restart your phone, and then re-add them one by one.

That worked for me.

8. IcyStorm macrumors regular

25% after 5 hours, 23 minutes of usage. 10 hours, 54 minutes since it left the charger at 100%.

It's my first iPhone, so I don't have a 3GS or 4 to compare it to, but I think even my Droid X did better than this.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

When posting yet another thread about a hot topic on a forum, just ask yourself, "what if everyone did it?"

10. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

I'm starting to think that Siri may have a memory leak which is causing battery drain.

I was checking my times and I noticed that standby and usage were locked together.

So I started killing a few apps at a time, waiting a few minutes and then checking, even when I killed every single app, still doing it, then I toggled Siri off and an, and then the timers separated.

11. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Using a few different system CPU viewing apps I am seeing very high CPU usage when I am doing nothing on the device and no applications are open.

The trick is finding out what is using the CPU.

12. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

um looked at "cellular data sent and received" and 29mb used, but 15mb sent? wtf?

that has to be whats my cause of battery drain,....but what could it be? my icloud is off, only find my iphone on.
    wifi off, and all system services are off except "cell network search"