About This Mac...All Storage Listed as Other

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by SDRacerR1, Aug 18, 2011.

1. SDRacerR1 macrumors member

Upgraded from SL to Lion on a 2011 27" iMac...Was browsing around Lion and noticed that it doesn't break down all my files on my HD or any other device. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to fix this so I can see how much of what I have on the HD?

Attached Files:

2. seong macrumors 65816

seong

That......looks weird. I don't have any problem viewing my own info. Why not restart your computer and see how it goes?

3. SDRacerR1 thread starter macrumors member

Well I restarted and nothing changed...weird

4. 1755442TR macrumors newbie

Try zapping your PRAM

Hi i have been reading this thread and notched the problem you are having. Try zapping your PRAM every once and a wile. You will need to restart your mac and hold down the Command+Option+P+R while rebooting this should reset the clock in the battery and fix it all up. Please let me know how it goes.

5. Bear macrumors G3

This indicates that Spotlight is either off or it has a damaged database. You would check the Privacy tab in Spotlight Preferences to see if it is turned off the drive.

If it's not turned off, what you can do to rebuild the database is add the drive as one to not be indexed and tyhen after a minute rmeove it form the Privacy list. Reference: Spotlight: How to re-index folders or volumes

This won't fix the issue and should not be used as a default trouble shooting step for every problem.