About this mac question (not about Other)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slattery69, Jan 26, 2012.

1. slattery69 macrumors regular

first off this isn't a huge problem more curiosity. when i open about this mac it shows ive 373mb of photos and 42mb of movies.
    oddly in my user folder i dont have any pics or movies as i have a second HDD in place of the optical drive and keep all my pics and movies on that.

to satisfy my curiosity anyone know what these files could be or how i can find out . thanks in advance

2. simsaladimbamba

You could use the built-in search to search for music and movies/video files.
    Go to Finder, press CMD+F (and add a search criteria via the little plus button on the top right), then under Kind select "image" or "movie".

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Photos and movies can include any image or video files on your computer, including those that come bundled with Mac OS X and other apps.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

not sure but maybe the destop images? maybe there is a sample movie of some kind built into the OS aswell not sure 100% but those are my 2 guesses since they are so small in size

5. iTattoo macrumors regular

iTattoo

I just wiped the drive on an old Mac Mini I am going to sell, and those numbers look like the same as what I got (OSX 10.7.2). It's just the standard stuff that comes bundled with the OS.

6. slattery69 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks all did a finder search as suggested and my curiosity is satisfied , loads of clip art from office popped up as did images from apps as you all suggested.
    Didnt find the movie but ill guess its probably a garageband lesson. thanks for the replies

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Glad you got it worked out!