Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mac2thefuture, Oct 13, 2013.
When i select about this mac, the "more info" tab is greyed out -- WHY?
Try opening System Information under Applications: Utilities.
Don't know why. Have you tried a different user account? Start there. Create one if you don't have a spare, log in there and try About This Mac.
Clever user name. On another forum, I've seen toMACsh used. Let it sink in.
Hold down the 'option/alt' ket while clicking on the Apple symbol. Is "System Information' selectable?
Yes, but 'more info ' remains greyed out.
You know, that's pretty weird. I just went to "About This Mac", and my "More info…" is selectable, but my "Software Update…" isn't.
OK. Lets try to reset the Finder to see if it helps. So follow these steps:
1. Close an running applications.
2. Click on the bare desktop and select the Finder menu item 'Go' (while holding down the 'option'/all' key). In the 'Go' drop-down select 'Library/ . Then your Home Library folder will open.
3. In the 'Home's 'Library' folder select 'Preferences'.
4. In the 'Preferences' folder find the file 'com.apple.finder.plist' and move to the Trash.
5. Reboot and upon the reboot open the Finder's Preferences and reset to your liking.
The reset of the Finder's Preferences might help.
Edit: If you are wonder sometimes bad written third party applications mess with the wrong settings or your hard disk is just starting to go south. Only time will tell.