About those new ipod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mr.Texor, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Mr.Texor macrumors regular

Is there anyway to recognize those new ipod touch with the 1.1.3 apps already preinstalled? I was gonna buy one last night, the guy at best buy told me it was the new ones. But there's nothing in the box that talks about the mail app or any of the other new apps.

I don't want to buy one with the old firmware.....

2. Mr.Texor thread starter macrumors regular

...there aren't that many apple stores in the US for everyone to have one in their city.. I have to drive about 300 miles to get to the closest one.

I just wanted to know if the box itself, maybe a serial number, or model number could be helpful.

3. Mr.Texor thread starter macrumors regular

4. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

i bought my touch from the apple store two days ago and it didn't have the update. they will give you a 20 dollar discount. it is easy to upgrade through iTunes.

5. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

I got mine from Best Buy and the genius there told me there's no way to tell from looking at the box. Best Buy has a 30-day no questions asked return policy so you could do it the hard way and just buy it. Then, if it's the wrong version just return it for exchange, and again and again if necessary.

6. MezicanGangxtah macrumors regular

if the model # ends in /A then it does not have the apps. if it has /B at the end of the model # it does have them. Good luck!

7. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

At the apple store they could not tell which was which, until it was rung up. Make sure you can return an open box iPod at bestbuy before you make the purchuse. Ipod may have a special return policy. Why are so concerned with getting the one that already has the update. They are all the same after all.

8. Ish macrumors 68000

Ish

There's a related thread here you might find useful.