About time to upgrade from my G5 me thinks

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by PowerGamerX, Apr 11, 2010.

  1. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

    PowerGamerX

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2009
    #1
    In the next couple months I plan to upgrade to a high-end 21" but I was curious if I should wait for an update, I'm not one of those people that sits around for a year and a half for an update, but if the updates are in July or August I'll wait. Also, are there any known problems with the high end 21"s or are they good to go usually?
     
  2. TMRaven macrumors 68020

    TMRaven

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2009
    #2
    I'd wait for their next update-- as they're sure to change to clarkdales for their cpus.

    I had a G5 for nearly 6 years until I replaced it with an i7 iMac. I was roaming rumor sites like this in hopes that apple would finally introduce nehalem architecture into the iMac, and they eventually did! Now I got another computer that will last me 6 years.
     
  3. PowerGamerX thread starter macrumors 6502a

    PowerGamerX

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2009
    #3
    I'm more interested in a price drop. The only thing I do that really requires more than a base system is WoW, unfortunately, the 9400m isn't up to pushing 1080p with games.
     
  4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Sep 4, 2006
    #4
    If you want an iMac I'd say just buy one now. The iMac probably wont get an upgrade until sometime end of this year or early next year and most likely just receive a speed bump.
     
  5. Raje macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2010
    #5
    There won't be a price drop when updates come, just an increase in the specs you get for the price. So if that is why you want to wait-don't. iMacs probably won't be updated for a while so buy now and enjoy.
     

Share This Page