About to be a new Mac user

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Space Bound Man, Jun 8, 2012.

1. Space Bound Man macrumors newbie

Hi!
    I am planning on buying a Macbook Pro soon. I might wait for the new 2012 model, but, I need a new computer ASAP. The PC I'm on is about to die.

I plan on going to college for film editing, and I know they use Macs for Final Cut Pro and other things. However, I have 2 years more before I got to college, and I am wondering if the 13" is decent enough to learn final cut basics ect and what not then upgrade later on for editing.
    I do want some portability(Kinda tired of Desktops), but I don't need it. I also know the new 2012 macbooks are coming out soon and I may just wait for those. Are they going to go beyond the 1800 range, also be release by July 25? I might be able to get the 15", but I might not, and wondering if I should just get the iMac 2011 model (21.5), or if the 2011 13 inch will be good enough for basic learning and getting used to the OS/ editing Youtube rants/commentaries/let plays ect.

2. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

Blah blah blah.

Get a 15" MBP. Wait for monday.

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Buy a 15". If you really need good movie editing/general performance, consider BTO'ing an SSD or putting one into the ODD/HDD bay.

And yes, wait for Monday. Normally we would be telling you to just buy the machine that fits you now, but this close to the WWDC, it makes more sense to wait and see.

4. Camwin macrumors member

SDAVE stop taking my lines... I smell a bromance.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

15" MBP is what you need for video editing...

6. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

1. You cut a hole in a box.
    2. ....

7. rojo99 macrumors newbie

Best move I ever made going to Mac!

Enjoy!

2011 13" MacBook Pro
    2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 / 8GB Memory