About to buy a 23inch screen

Kat King123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
There is a really good deal going around at my local staples for a 23inch acer full 1080p monitor for 140 bucks amazing right?:eek: Anyways my question is I plan on setting it up at full 1920:1080 resolution will there be any difference in performance in general. I use my macbook mainly for music production so I shouldn't see any difference in performance in that department right? But every now and then I do run COD 4 on my macbook at full resolution what type of performance can I expect from it if I keep the game at 1280:800 with the monitor hooked up? thanks again:D

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
In most apps you won't see a change in performance especially because audio apps don't use the GPU at all. You will see a change in COD 4, it might be small though because you are only adding 280 lines of resolution. I haven't had a chance to use a MacBook with that graphics chip in it so I have no hands on experience.

Comment

Kat King123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
In most apps you won't see a change in performance especially because audio apps don't use the GPU at all. You will see a change in COD 4, it might be small though because you are only adding 280 lines of resolution. I haven't had a chance to use a MacBook with that graphics chip in it so I have no hands on experience.
alright thanks for your insight :)

Comment