About to buy a MBP next week, will it come with Lion?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Zoreke, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Zoreke macrumors member

I won't wait anymore, i need a new mbp and I'll get it next Monday!

15" with antiglare screen, 8GB RAM, 500 GB 7200 RPM, 2.0 i7... I was thinking about the SSD option but my projects are really big and I need a bigger hd on the go :(.

The question is: will it come with OS Lion?

I have a back up image of my previous laptop (with Snow Leopard) and I was going to copy that image into my new machine to have everything running in no time.

I can't wait to get my new MBP Lion or not :D

Cheers

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Not unless Lion is released before you buy it.

3. cuestakid macrumors 68000

I will mention that there is normally some kind of free upgrade if you buy a machine within a certain time period(no idea how or if they will continue this with having the App Store as the deployment mechanism)

4. robots3humans0 macrumors 6502

Whether or not it ships with Lion, you'll still get a free upgrade to it!

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

I decided to buy my new MBP now so that I could use Carbon Copy Cloner and then upgrade to Lion for free when it comes out. Saves a little bit of work.

5. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I hope to get a MBP in the next one to two weeks. I WANT to 17" but, I played with a 13" today and it was nice. So, for portability, I may go with a 15"...

but the point of my post is... I want to get one with SL and then get the option to upgrade to Lion. If I don't like Lion, I'll fall back to SL.

6. DKTacts macrumors member

Trust me - you don't want to go the 17" - its way too clunky to move around if you need to. It's a good desktop replacement however.

7. gmans46 macrumors regular

yea i agree just get the thing the comment about having snow leopard to fall back on is a nice touch. Plus its the same laptop and i got pretty much the same as you as you can see by my signature and its a damn good machine.