About to buy an Air 13''

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by malawito, Aug 22, 2012.

1. malawito macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I'm really decided to get an Air but I started to get worried about the next apple conference, the iphone 5 one. Do anybody think that they will bring any change to the macbook air?

21 sept is when "back to school" promotion ends. But also could be just an coincidence.

Thanks!!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I doubt you will see any movement on the MBA at this "event"

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The Air was just updated in June. There probably won't be an update again until next summer.

4. bembol macrumors 65816

bembol

It was just updated but if you're that concerned wait at least two more weeks so you can at least exchange or return if Apple does release something.

5. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

So just buy the computer on the 21 you will get 14 days to return the computer if an update happens

6. Nova Sensei macrumors 6502

What exactly would Apple be updating the Air with?

Buy your Air - if Apple releases a new model in September I will personally refund your money. :p

7. sveintj macrumors newbie

I would like the i7 without the SSD-tax

Well, I for one would really like to option to have the i7 without being forced to buy the SSD upgrade at the same time....

8. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I find the current model, so very well done, fast, smooth & reliable, I would highly suggest you buy now.

In the event their is some sort of change in the new model, it will most likely be so minimal it will hardly matter. Given the recent refresh, I cannot see any reason to wait. And I'm usually encouraging people to wait if there's a hint of a better model in the next rev.

But in this case I am confident this is most definitely one of the finest yet.

Buy it, enjoy it, and let go of any doubt :)

9. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    Heck - you could, depending upon your use, go get a 2011 model Air and be extremely happy with it. I've been rocking a '11 Air 13" base model for almost a year and have to say it's been the best laptop I've ever had, maybe the best computer overall!

I don't need extra ram and have no usb 3 peripherals, don't game on it (so no real need for better graphics processing). It's just a work computer used to run a business and as much as I love getting upgraded equipment, there was nothing compelling to make me pull the trigger on the '12 model.

10. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

October may bring a minor processor change as they did it last year too - but literally it's 100mhz which you won't notice. i.e. 1.8 to 1.9ghz.

It has USB 3.0, it's BT 4.0, its the newer magsafe, so there really isn't anything else to change on it this year.

I'm selling my MBP in November to a friend to replace it with an Air - I'm going for the i5 1.8 with 256 SSD and 8GB ram. I really didn't notice the change in my last i5 to i7 upgrade and with the SSD it will be faster at most tasks than my current machine.

You have no reason to wait what-so-ever! BUY IT!

----------

Just wanted to quote you on your choice of the GSIII with your apple devices - how do you get on with that blend? I bought the S3 but I took it back after a few days because of it's appaling connectivity with OSX. How do you get on?
    Cos honestly, if this years iPhone is as crappier update as the 4S I'm gonna skip it. Unfortunately I love my iPad and MacBook too much to go back to Windows so how do you bypass the android/OSX issues?