about to buy an imac-- is this now the time?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by welling1, Jan 16, 2008.

  1. welling1 macrumors newbie

    Jan 11, 2008
    I'm about to buy an imac. I was originally looking at the macpro, mainly because it was just updated and I liked the idea of being able to build, although I really don't need all that power.

    I really need to upgrade now and can't really wait, however I'm a little nervous that the imac will be upgraded very soon and I'll be somewhat screwed by buying now.

    Any advice to make me wait or not?
  2. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a


    Jul 23, 2007
    Just Updated in August 2007

    I do not see any upgrades for the imac line until May the earliest, or later. Buy the computer for what you use and need it for now. A speed bump wouldn't make that much of a difference and the imac you buy today will still work fine tomorrow or after the next update.
  3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601


    Nov 19, 2007
    Georgia, USA
    I just bought one last night and I'm glad that I did it. You won't be sorry if you buy it now and they do receive an update it in a couple months... they are awesome machines. If you really need to have the latest and greatest, than I would suggest you wait until it receives an update.
  4. CP1091 macrumors regular


    Aug 28, 2007
    You can't hesitate in the technology world. If you are always waiting for that "next upgrade" you will never purchase something. I say just get it, since you say you really need that upgrade.
  5. Mark Morb macrumors regular

    Mark Morb

    Dec 19, 2007
    I waited until Macworld but bought my 2.8Ghz iMac tonight....can't wait to get it...why wait it will just be closer to the next update after that if you do...

Share This Page