about to buy an iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hybrid087, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Hybrid087 macrumors newbie

I've been a long time lurker around the boards and I'm really on the fence about buying an iphone because of the negative black issues. I just called my local AT&T store and they say the have week 30 iphones availible as well as 38 and above.

Should I purchase a certain week or hold out untill I can go to the Apple store and get a week 40+?

Thanks in advance!

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

1) Grab wallet
    2) Get in car
    3) Drive to ATT / Apple store
    4) Buy iPhone

now.

But seriously, there is no point in waiting, and don't worry about the screen..

3. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I would not worry about it. The number of iPhones with this issue is small and you could also exchange it if you get one with this problem.

4. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Agreed.

Buy now.

Best phone evar!

5. Geffen macrumors 6502

I made an exchange because of the negative screen issue i had with a week 38 iPhone the Apple store exchanged it for a week 35 which is perfect so its hit or miss what week you'll actually get, i was expecting a week 40 or above.

6. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

7. Hybrid087 thread starter macrumors newbie

So to the advice of everyone who posted, I went out and picked one up! Week 28 with 1.0!! I feel completely happy with my purchase and can't believe I went this long without it! Thanks again to everyone! Now, do I hack or upgrade to 1.1.1? :confused:

8. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I just got one 3 days ago. I would recommend getting one.

9. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I bought my iPhone on Thursday...

and I'm loosing sleep as it's recharging! I'm on Safari, YouTube, iPod, checking the Stocks (that I don't have), checking the weather, updating my calendar, checking out the maps, sending text msgs via SMS, and making phone calls and the battery is about 50% by the time I walk in the door. Best phone I've ever owned and everybody keeps looking over my shoulder and asking "is that the new iPhone?" Bought a MarWare skin (includes a screen film) which is really good for non-slip while in your hand or on the dash as you are driving. The headphones have the push-button mic, that allows you to interrupt your iPod and take a call. Bluetooth connectivity is the best with the iPhone and is a joy to utilize while commuting or driving. Buy Today or Tomorrow and start enjoying the ride!:cool:

10. thomasfxlt macrumors 6502

All that caution about buying one and you are thinking about hacking it? Enjoy it. Leave it alone. All good things come to those who wait grasshopper.

11. beeeen macrumors member

What do you guys mean when you say week 30 and week 38?

12. pedroistheman macrumors 6502

pedroistheman

the week it was released. the black screen issue was in a certain week's iphones but not to worry as there will always be defects and you can always exchange it.