About to Buy an iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gco212, Oct 2, 2008.

1. gco212 macrumors 6502

On October 13th, when I'm due for an upgrade. I just want to make sure this goes down smoothly, so if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it. Basically, it's not my phone that's due for the upgrade, it's my mom's on the same family plan. I've upgraded before using another family member's upgrade, and it's as smooth as anything. I was told by someone at the ATT store that this will occur the same way. My phone already has a data plan, so I just want to make sure they don't erroneously add a data plan to my mom's phone so we don't double pay for the month, and that they don't try to stick her the contract that way for 2 years. Has anyone done this in the past utilizing someone else's upgrade. Thanks a lot.

2. l Shad0w l macrumors newbie

Yes this would absolutely work did the same thing with a friends upgrade, when your get the phone just put your sim in it then have your mom cancel the iphone data plan from off of her account, then your all set.

3. gco212 thread starter macrumors 6502

Just what I wanted to hear. Thanks a lot. Can't wait for the 13th!

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

When you get your iPhone 3G activated make sure that AT&T has it set right there. On your receipt it should also show what changes have been made to your bill... You should have no trouble, good luck and enjoy!