About to buy Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by (StationOfPlay), Dec 12, 2009.

1. (StationOfPlay) macrumors newbie

I have 3 Macs I would like to install it on, so here is my question. Will it install just fine on all 3 Macs if I use the $30 disk or do I HAVE to buy the $50 family pack? I have a feeling they are both the same thing, just Apple trying to get a little extra money, ya know?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. 5DollaFootlong macrumors 6502

5DollaFootlong

It will install fine if you buy the $30 disk, but it is immoral. If everyone had that mentality of going behind Apple's back and saving $20, Apple would start to license software like Microsoft, and that would just suck.

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

While it's true that the $30 will install on all 3 Macs just fine, I was with you until your last line I highlighted. You're gonna say some crap like that about Apple and you want to cheat the system as well? :rolleyes: This type of mentality will push Apple into an activation scheme. I don't think that asking an extra $20 to allow an install on 4 more Macs is trying to get "extra" money.

5. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

I think $50 for a 5 license edition is pretty darned cheap, myself... wish that MS would sell Windows 7 upgrades for that price...