About to click purchase on my first macbook pro....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by snf122, Jun 29, 2008.

?

Should I buy it?

  1. YES, do it now!

    25 vote(s)
    64.1%
  2. NO, Wait!

    14 vote(s)
    35.9%
  1. snf122 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2008
    #1
    15.4" matte
    2.5GHz
    2g RAm
    200 GB 7200 RPM HD


    Yes or no?
     
  2. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

    tsice19

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2008
    #2
    No on the RAM... you can install it yourself much cheaper.
     
  3. squeeks macrumors 68040

    squeeks

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #3
    what are you talking about thats the stock ram...
     
  4. iRebecca27 Suspended

    iRebecca27

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    #4
    Wait!

    new ones will come out at MacWorld if you can wait that long
    but it will be worth it

    unless you want to sell this one and get it
     
  5. snf122 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2008
    #6
    I know there is no definite answer, but when do you think they will be coming out with new ones?

    Also, will they really be that much better? Because this seems to be powerful enough for me.
     
  6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #7
    No, try July/August/September. MacWorld will be the MacBook Air.
     
  7. Zwhaler macrumors 603

    Zwhaler

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2006
    #8
    A 6 month wait? Noo don't start the waiting game. If you (OP) really need a new computer get one now without question. But if you current machine will last a few more months it might be worth it to see how long it takes for Montevina to make it into the MacBook Pros. I'm pretty sure the chipset itself comes out next month (as in like ~2 weeks) but Apple usually takes a little while to actually put it in their products.
     
  8. MattZani macrumors 68030

    MattZani

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2008
    Location:
    UK
  9. MacMahon macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2008
    #10
    One detail left out...

    What are you going to pay? Without that information I couldn't make a recommendation. If the price is not a concern then "YES".
     
  10. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

    TwinCities Dan

    Joined:
    May 19, 2008
    Location:
    Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    #11
    If buying from :apple:, that would be $2549...
     
  11. snf122 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2008
    #12
    Thanks people.

    I'm really not that interested in just the montevina update. I feel that the MBPs run smooth and fast enough as they are, so I see no need for that.

    If there will be a complete redesign in the foreseeable future, then that may make me wait.
     
  12. IconicIdentity macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2008
    #13
    Nobody knows if there will be a complete redesign..... My guess is the the MBP will be updated in less than 6 weeks....I would just wait it out (And thats what I'm currently doing)
     
  13. McGiord, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

    McGiord macrumors 601

    McGiord

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2003
    Location:
    Dark Castle
    #14
    You can always sell whatever you buy Today later on, if you have the money, and are just about to click on the order, go ahead.
    If you are asking us, is because you still have doubts, you will have a MR opinion based on: someone else criteria.
    If I were going to buy today I will prefer buying a refurbished one to save some bucks.
    ________
    300M
     
  14. squeeks macrumors 68040

    squeeks

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2007
    Location:
    Florida
    #15
    exactly, nehalem is the big update
     
  15. busterbluth macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 14, 2008
    #16
    Ive heard a lot about the speculation of the next MBP redesign (as opposed to processor update) and people either think its going to be late july august, or at macworld. Is the Nehalem processor update available at this time (december january) and thats why you think it will be macworld? What evidence is there that it will be in the next month or so? I KNOW I KNOW, its been talked about way too much, but people just seem to be going on intuition, is there any evidence for either theory? Thanks!
     
  16. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

    cosmokanga2

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2008
    Location:
    Canada, where we live in igloos.
    #17
    If you need it get it. When ever you do buy, a MBP will always be a great computer that you will be satisfied with. Click purchase.
     

Share This Page