About to consider buying a 3G 16GB iPhone...Questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redtigerrocks, Jun 9, 2008.

1. redtigerrocks macrumors newbie

Hey guys,
    I'm currently thinking about buying a iPhone 3G 16GB July 11th. Currently i have some major questions as follows:
    • I currently have a 30GB Black 5th Gen iPod Video that i just got new with absolutely no scratches on it (Previous one had an issue with headphone jack) plus i have some accessories such as a clear case and the iPod USB Charger, How much do you think i could get for this "set"(Potential/Estimate)?
    • Secondly, on the iPhone, Do the Apps, Contacts, Text Messages etc. take up the 16GB or do they use a seperate memory? Is the 16GB strictly used for the music sync'd from iTunes?
    • Is the iPhone great for a person who is used to T9 texting on a dial/key pad?
    • My last question is that i currently have a Family Plan with AT&T , So would purchasing the iPhone require a seperate contract or could i just add the iPhone to my Family Plan's line (Additional fees for iPhone?) and get my 29.99 Unlimited Texting for it?

Thanks Guys!

2. Delta608 macrumors regular

Delta608

There will be a price increase from 20.00 a month to 30.00 (data only) a month with the new phone....

3. macintosh.apple macrumors 6502

4. alex2016g macrumors member

300MB of it is used for apps, the rest is for music and whatever else you want.

Yeah its perfect, although its not T9 any more , its error predictive text.

Probably Not