Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
ATT has just continues to drop the ball and I'm going to switch very shortly. Does this thing need to be returned? They shipped it to me atleast two years ago

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
It probably does. When you port out, call them up and ask for a return kit. If they are anything like Sprint they will send you one out, you put it in the envelope (or box, or whatever they send you) and then ship it back to them (they pay all the postage).

That's exactly what I had to do when I ported out from Sprint. I requested a return kit, they sent it to me and I sent them back their Airave (femtocell/microcell).

It's only free for as long as you use it. Stop using it and they charge you. At least Sprint does anyway. But I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T is the same.

And there is really no need to keep it as it won't work with your new carrier.

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
Can't of a strange idea, but you could always ask AT&T. I know that's just crazy talk.

You mean the people who told me twice in two months that my plan included international calling but still screwed up my bill?

ACG12

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2015
Yep they would be the ones.

I dont trust a word they say, which is the reason why I'm asking people here with personal experience. Thanks for your help.
[doublepost=1454786191][/doublepost]
Yes they'll bill you if it's not returned.

What carrier are you switching to?

Thanks.

T-mobile. The international calling included along with a much smaller bill has me jumping ship after 8 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.