About to dump ATT but have Microcell

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ACG12, Feb 6, 2016.

1. ACG12 macrumors 6502

ATT has just continues to drop the ball and I'm going to switch very shortly. Does this thing need to be returned? They shipped it to me atleast two years ago

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It probably does. When you port out, call them up and ask for a return kit. If they are anything like Sprint they will send you one out, you put it in the envelope (or box, or whatever they send you) and then ship it back to them (they pay all the postage).

That's exactly what I had to do when I ported out from Sprint. I requested a return kit, they sent it to me and I sent them back their Airave (femtocell/microcell).

It's only free for as long as you use it. Stop using it and they charge you. At least Sprint does anyway. But I wouldn't be surprised if AT&T is the same.

And there is really no need to keep it as it won't work with your new carrier.

3. RadioGaGa1984, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016

RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Kind of a strange idea, but you could always ask AT&T. I know that's just crazy talk.

4. ACG12 thread starter macrumors 6502

You mean the people who told me twice in two months that my plan included international calling but still screwed up my bill?

5. RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Yep they would be the ones.

6. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Yes they'll bill you if it's not returned.

What carrier are you switching to?

7. ACG12 thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont trust a word they say, which is the reason why I'm asking people here with personal experience. Thanks for your help.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 6, 2016 ---
    Thanks.

T-mobile. The international calling included along with a much smaller bill has me jumping ship after 8 years.

8. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

What's the matter with you? You want the OP to ask the company they got the item from? That's nuts when you can ask on a rumor forum.