About to get a new ipod touch..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by jbrent89, Jan 19, 2008.

1. jbrent89 macrumors member

If I want/need to downgrade so I can jailbreak will i be able to keep the newly released apps (like mail/notes) i also will need ical, id rather not have to replace all these with 3rd party apps. Im still considering a nano (too bad you cant still donate 5% for the red, i would get a red ipod touch) and this really cool gelaskin for it, but the calender/notes/mail are all really useful and help justify getting one for more than just cool factor.

2. db2431 macrumors regular

I couldnt decide either so I just bought both, the touch is still too large IMHO to carry around and forget its there, for when I want music on the go I still use the nano.

3. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

When you downgrade the firmware all of the data is wiped and so no, you will not be able to keep the apps. However once jailbroken you can install the iPhone apps (though these aren't the updated ones at Macworld just yet)

4. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Thats crazy! I've never met anyone who thought there was anything too large about the iPod touch. It's ridiculously thin and light, so I can only presume you mean height and width?

However, I can see how it might not be suitable for certain things (e.g. sports), and for that the Nano, or the Shuffle are perfect.

I might pick myself up a Nano actually. They are really great value.

5. Slip macrumors 6502a

Slip

Yeah I'm in your boat, I find that when I have it in my pocket that I forget it's there. Not as much as my old Shuffle but more so than my iPod Video.
    I've had a few iPods I realise :rolleyes: