About to get new MBP: suggestions for case, palm guards?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hassouni, Feb 26, 2008.

1. hassouni macrumors member

THANK GOD THE DAY HAS ARRIVED, eh?

I know there are threads on this, but let me explain my problem. I used to have a 17" PB, and all I had for it was an incase sleeve with a strap. I would either carry it around like that, or shove it into a backpack or canvas messenger bag. Consequently, it suffered a fair share of hits, which I'm sure contributed to its demise. I'd be getting the 15" now, and I want to know if there's a good, protective yet sleek messenger-bag style case, for a reasonable (under $50) price. Perhaps something I can also stick some notebooks (as in, the kind you write on) in? Also, is it possible to stick it in a backpack, within a sleeve, without it getting damaged? I do a lot of air travel and I'm also starting grad school this fall, so this backpack would be pretty loaded and I'm worried for the structural integrity of the MBP.

Additionally, I seem to be one with acidic hands and my PB had the crazy pitting going on. What's the most invisible, non-cheesy feeling protection I can get for the palmrest area?

2. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins