About to hack my new touch need help

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by macornomac, Nov 18, 2007.

1. macornomac macrumors 6502

Hey guys just wanted a little help here. Just got my new ipod touch yesterday and I'm ready to jailbreak it. It has version 1.1.1 Been looking through the forms and reading up on it. I foud this on youtube to jailbreak. Is this the best way to jailbreak my ipod? Is this what everyone is using. Thanks for all the help.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gmP3hvs5P9I&feature=related

2. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh yeah one more question I put all my songs and videos on my new touch last night. When I jailbreak it today everything should still be on there right or are they deleted thanks again.

3. dagored macrumors 65816

If you follow the directions and Upgrade to 1.1.2 and NOT RESTORE.

All my stuff was still on the Pod.

4. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

But isn't it best to just keep 1.1.1 right now???? Also is that video the best way to jailbreak????

5. dagored macrumors 65816

I'll do this once. Go to:http://conceitedsoftware.com/iphone/site/112jb.html

Down load the zip file. Forget the video, that is old news. You want to do this once and be on 1.1.2

Open the download and read the README.txt file. When you are finished reading it, read it again.

You would start on Step 2b: Jailbreaking on iPod Touch or
    1. Launch Safari

2. Visit http://jailbreakme.com, Scroll down to the bottom, click "Install AppSnapp". Safari will

exit and you'll return to your springboard. Slide to unlock, you are now jailbroken. and are

able to use Installer.app.

Read the instructions from there and REMEMBER - UPDATE TO 1.1.2 DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT RESTORE.

Have fun.

6. boonguyen macrumors newbie

Thank you Dagord!

Thank you posting the instructions here for those of us who only periodically check the postings. It was very helpful. I'm at the upgrade to 1.1.2 stage. Everything is working so far. Thanks again.

7. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah thanks again. I havne't started yet but I will soon just watching some tv now haha. Is everything working out smoothly with your jailbreak?

8. ks-man macrumors 6502a

Didn't get the answer on the thread I started so I'll try here. If you do Restore rather than update, does that wipe out oktoprep? Trying to figure out after installing oktoprep if you can restore the Ipod back to a pre-jailbroken state.

Thanks.

9. dagored macrumors 65816

A restore wipes out everything. It's just like you took it out of the box.

10. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey so I downloaded all that and I guess my ipod is now jailbroken. Now when I go and hook up my ipod back to my mac it says a new verison is available which is 1.1.2 and asks to download or download and install. What do I do? Also after I installed the OKprep part it said it would update to 1.1.2 is that differnet from this update?? Thanks.

11. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh yeah so under installer all those applications if I want some of them on my main screen do I go to them and just click install?? Thanks so much and sorry for all the dumb questions.

12. dagored macrumors 65816

No, you did not READ the text file.

Step 3: Prepare your 1.1.1 device for the Update

1. Launch Installer.app

2. Scroll down to Tweaks (1.1.1)

3. Select OktoPrep

4. Click Install

You did this according to your post. You are not finished.

Step 4: Update to 1.1.2

1. Connect your device to your computer

2. Launch iTunes

3. Choose your device

4. Click Update for 1.1.2

- DO NOT CLICK OR SHIFT-CLICK RESTORE: That will wipe the changes OktoPrep made.

After you have installed the 1.1.2 update, You are ready to install the 1.1.2 jailbreak.

Step 5: Jailbreak your iPod Touch
    1. Close iTunes

2. Connect your device to your computer

3. On Windows, double click on windows.bat, on Mac, double click on jailbreak.jar

4. Follow the on screen instructions. Make sure you check the box in the lower left corner for installing SSH

13. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok taking forever to update

14. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

15. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

ok never mind lol

16. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok looks like i'm all set. Can I ask what is SSH??? Also in installer there is an update do I update it? Also those applications in installer if I install some of them does that mean they will take up more of the space or is that all included??? Thanks so much and sorry for dumb questions.

17. ks-man macrumors 6502a

So Apple's mistake with 1.1.2 (assuming they don't want people jailbroken), was that the Update to 1.1.2 didn't first restore the Ipod/Iphone. If they had, then installing oktoprep wouldn't work?

I guess this means that Apple likely won't make the same mistake for 1.1.3 (again assuming they don't want people jailbreaking).

18. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Got another question once again. I saw this posted in another post.

Download:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/69521527...-jailbreak.zip

to get the iPhone apps on your newly jailbroken 1.1.2 just click on "sources in the installer app and then tap "edit" then "add" and type in repo.us.to so the whole address reads "http://repo.us.to". then add the source and let it refresh it.

Then the iPhone apps should show up in the installer menu. Then its as easy as installing any other app.

hope this helped.
    luke.

So do I have to do this too or aren't all the iphone apps already in the installer section???

19. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Well just went to try and download that file and it does not exisit

20. dagored macrumors 65816

Mac or no mac READ this. Forget Rapidshare. Do this:

to get the iPhone apps on your newly jailbroken 1.1.2 just click on "sources in the installer app and then tap "edit" then "add" and type in repo.us.to so the whole address reads "http://repo.us.to". then add the source and let it refresh it.

Then the iPhone apps should show up in the installer menu. Then its as easy as installing any other app.

21. macornomac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you so much for all your help!!!!!