About to have my Procare Session...what basics to learn?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by jayeskreezy, Apr 13, 2007.

1. jayeskreezy macrumors 65816

Ok so I'm about to have my apple procare FCExpress session and I'm still learning the basics of FCE. What should I ask to be taught this week?

2. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Opening, creating, and saving projects. Capturing and placing things on the timeline are the most basic things to learn first.

There should be step by step DVD's as well that came with the program...

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I would ask about alpha and luma mattes and all the million different codecs, o -boy! no seriously, what the above poster said. Also setting up different folders for different projects so your nice and organized.

4. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

haha. Hey thanks for the responses yall, but it was after my session. HOWEVER, we went over what both of yall suggested actually. My next one is in a week. Any suggestions.

My person was great. He really helped me by showing me the benefits of using sequences and just some koo shortcuts for doing things quickly on the timeline

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Did you go over transitions, those are fun to play around with. Maybe some of the motion properties like making the video go from one side of the screen to the other or zooming in and out; croping the video -- keyframes. Also maybe some basic text to give you the option of putting in a title.
    Did you go over importing a song? Thats good to now for home movies.

6. jayeskreezy thread starter macrumors 65816

hmmm i did learn the keyframes but I'm sure I'll need more help with that...also, we havent done song importing or titles

7. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

You might want to do a whole full blown project. From start to finish. Find something fun or easy and start filming. This should include Titles, music, graphics, sound, original sound from SoundTrack, cuts, transitions, video effects, voiceovers, all the way to the finished product on DVD, and exporting to different formats.

This way you can take the whole process into consideration. If you have an iMac or a MB then this could be a great solution.