Resolved About to jailbreak iPad 2...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Virgo, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Virgo, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011

Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I'm about to jailbreak my iPad 2. I wasn't going to, but the only reason I am is because I want to be able to tether to my Blackberry for net. I wish there was a sticky or something on here with frequently asked questions... I have a few.

1. I just hooked my iPad up and Synced in iTunes. Does this provide a backup of everything?

2. Once I am jail-broken, will the App Store function normally on the iPad and within iTunes? As well as syncing apps, music etc?

3. I just bought my iPad 2 weeks ago. Does this void the warranty?

4. Is there a way to restore back to normal so that you couldn't even tell it was jailbroken before?

2. DS3 macrumors 6502a

1- Usually, but right click --> back up on your ipad in the menu just to be sure.
    2- Yes
    3- Technically yes, but see below.
    4- Yes, any restore to a backup or upgrade to a new firmware completely erases jailbreak traces.

Save your 4.3.3 shsh blobs with tinyumbrella so that if a patch is released to close an exploit, your can return to 4.3.3 if you need to restore or intentionally lose the jailbreak at some point. Google search it if you don't know what that means, there are tutorials.

3. Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

Thanks. I'm in the process of saving the blobs with tinyumbrella. I got a couple of pop-ups when I opened the program, though. Should I uncheck anything or just leave it as is, for my purposes? :confused:

Attached Files:

4. Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

Attached Files:

5. DS3 macrumors 6502a

6. Virgo, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011

Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

Thanks!! Officially Jailbroken :D

Edit: Is everything in Cydia supposed to be laid out iPhone-sized, or is there a way to set it for iPad?

7. Virgo thread starter macrumors 6502

Virgo

Sorry to be redundant, but I just wanted to make sure: Is it safe to back-up your iPad within iTunes after jailbreaking? Because it automatically did that when I plugged it in.

8. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Yes it is safe.