About to order MBA but hesitant

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by VanDerMac, Sep 14, 2014.

1. VanDerMac macrumors newbie

Aug 18, 2014
    I like the 11" best for its size. However despite the fact that I find the 13" too big I prefer the trackpad on the 13" because it's bigger. Why couldn't they make the trackpads the same size :mad:

I'm leaning towards i7/8/512 configuration but pretty baffled right now because of trackpad size.
  2. DancyMunchkin macrumors member

Mar 19, 2014
    How could Apple make the trackpad bigger on the MBA11 without shrinking the keyboard or making the MBA11 bigger over all?

Regardless, it's irrelevant since Apple doesn't offer a larger trackpad option unless you buy an external one.
  3. skaertus macrumors 68030

Feb 23, 2009
    The trackpad is smaller because the standard-sized trackpad does not fit the 11-inch Air. Can't you wait for Apple to release the next-generation 12-inch retina MacBook Air, which, according to all rumors, is coming this year or next? It will probably have a standard-sized trackpad, a better screen and will probably keep about the same size.
  4. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Aug 27, 2012
    Look at this way, if u came in from Windows world, the trackpad is already an upgrade!
  5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

Jun 16, 2014
    Houston, Texas
    Don't worry about the track pad. Sure it is smaller on the 11, but if you like the overall size of the 11 get it. You will adjust to a smaller track pad. The track pad on the 13 is very nice but you also have a lot of extra space around the wrist area to accommodate that large track pad which means its footprint is significantly larger.

Everything is a trade off and if the overall size of the machine is most important, you will adapt to the smaller track pad.
  6. Dweez macrumors 65816

Jun 13, 2011
    Down by the river
    And I would cast my vote for the 13", as it was my preference. The 11" just felt too small for me.

$0.02 worth.
  7. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

Apr 3, 2009
    ill second this,

my preference is 13" , because of the trackpad and insane battery (getting 12-15hr)