About to order: Need some advice

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by shabba, Feb 3, 2008.

1. shabba macrumors newbie

I am just about to order a mac pro. I don't really want to pay apples extortionate amount for ram and harddrives or monitors but I think I will have to.

What do you recommend? Should I get the default spec and put 4 gig of ram myself, and purchase other monitors or should I splash out on a pair of 23's?

This is what I want:
    4GB of ram - Adobe Creative Suite only supports 4 no need for more at this moment
    1TB+ of Storage.
    2 displays 23+ for full HD.

Apart from that im quite partial to anything anyone can offer. If its not to much to ask can people post links to the items :)

Also, is there much of a speed difference between 667 ram and 800?

I mainly use my mac for Web Development and I know the dual monitors is an overkill, but I like to have lots of room. I also run Xcode a lot as I am a software developer for windows, but am stretching to one of the best languages I have ever had the pleasure of learning: Cocoa.

2. McGiord, Feb 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

3. CJRhoades macrumors 6502

I agree, NEVER buy extra RAM from Apple. They charge WAY more for it than other companies.

Yes there is a considerable speed boost from 667 to 800 MHz. If your going to spend big bucks on a Mac Pro, get 800MHz RAM.