About to order rMBP. What keyboard should I get?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PeterSharp, Jun 22, 2012.

1. PeterSharp macrumors member

Hey
    Im about to order retina mpb. Im in UK and I was wondering which keyboard would make it faster to dispatch. I think I would prefer us keyboard but custom keyboards usually take longer to dispatch than stock.

2. flatfoot macrumors 65816

If I were in your shoes, I'd pick the keyboard I prefer. You'll have to live with it for a while.

3. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

+1

4. PeterSharp thread starter macrumors member

Ordered custom keyboard and 16 gb ram. Estimated delivery date: 25th July. Oh well.. Still very excited. My first new Macbook :)

5. mac1984user macrumors 6502a

mac1984user

Excellent choice. You and I are in the exact same boat. I prefer the US keyboard layout (largely due to the wider left-shift key). I shared your initial concern about shipment times, but to be honest, all of the computers are delayed regardless of keyboard layout and will most likely ship from the same place anyway (a Chinese warehouse) when they are finally dispatched. I can't imagine you'll be waiting any longer for your US keyboard than a UK one. I think we share the same proposed delivery date!

6. PeterSharp thread starter macrumors member

US keyboard layout is so much better (normal Enter, wide left shift)

BTW I have a feeling that our computers will be preloaded with Mountain Lion:)

7. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

If your computer is built *after* the official release date then it will have Mountain Lion, they might start preloading them a few days before. One the final non-beta build is complete. Not really a big deal though since the upgrade is free. :p