About to pull the trigger - advice?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tsl90, Jun 25, 2007.

1. tsl90 macrumors member

The plan:

Higher Ed discount - ordering online
    15.4" Matte MBPro 2.4
    Office 2004 for Mac
    Canon Pixma MP530 ($100 rebate)
    iPod Nano (Black) ($200 rebate)
    Extra power adapter

Anything else I need to be careful about or consider? I know the MBPs are getting tough to find - the site says it will ship in 5-7d. Anyone know if that's about right or not?

Thanks

TL

2. iz3r macrumors member

iz3r

3. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

i ordered mine on the 23rd of june and the order information says it'll ship by july 2-5. thats more than the listed 5-7 days, but i had a 160GB hard drive added.

Attached Files:

4. tsl90 thread starter macrumors member

Bummer (the timing not the HD:) )

TL

5. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Yeah, I'd suggest you NOT buy office.

1. There are better alternatives out there...iWork, Neo office/Open Office (last two are free)

2. Office 2007 is on its way and will outperform Office 04 and add new features.

Also why the extra Power Brick?....extra battery i can understand but extra power brick?

6. mkgm1 macrumors regular

Extra power adapter makes sense if you're going to use your MBP in mainly 2 places. You'll probably find it cheaper on eBay though.

Definitely don't bother with Office 2004. Use iWork or Office 2003/2007 in Parallels etc., until Office 2008 comes out later this year (the Mac version of Office 2007).

7. divedeepfl305 macrumors newbie

Got tired of waiting for mine..

I ordered one from the apple store but I got tired of waiting and cancelled it called my local apple store to see if they had any and walaaaa they did ran over there got my mbp glossy 2.4 15incher and its a beauty. I opened it there with the genius to make sure everything was good. I couldn't get the student discount since I been out of school for yrs. I would call your local apple store and see if they have any like I did.LOL!

8. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

I would have. but the discounts i used were only offered over the phone ]: