About to pull the trigger on black MacBook....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fotomatt1, Dec 31, 2007.

  1. fotomatt1 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 31, 2007
    #1
    I was given a very large apple store gift card for the holidays, and have been planning on purchasing a new black MacBook. I'm really going back and forth between getting it now, or waiting until MWSF to see what's coming. Is it really likely that there will be a new MacBook, or is it more likely to see a new MBP that is going to be much more expensive anyway? Just can't decide if it's worth it to wait or not....
     
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2004
    #2
    Only 15 days? I'd wait, no doubt about that at all.
     
  3. panzer06 macrumors 68030

    panzer06

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2006
    Location:
    Kilrath
    #3
    2nd that. Wait! You never know what will happen and you don't what a bad case of buyer's remorse.

    Cheers,
     
  4. Consultant macrumors G5

    Consultant

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2007
    #4
    I would wait. MBP will most likely see an update,
    that means MBP refurb prices will be reduced. Unless you really want the small form factor of MB of course.

    If you absolutely do not want to wait, get it within 14 days of MacWorld, and return it on the day, but
    taking a 10% hit on the price for opened-package returns.
     
  5. macjay macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2003
  6. steve31 macrumors 6502a

    steve31

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2007
    Location:
    Edmonton Canada
    #6
    WAIT!!!!! only 2 weeks and you wont have any regrets!!!:D
     
  7. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2007
    #7
    I would wait but the MBP is probably the only thing that will be updated.
     
  8. island macrumors 6502

    island

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2007
    Location:
    CT
    #8
    Buy it now, if something good comes out at MW then return it and eat the restock fee, unless the unit stops working somehow...

    :)
     
  9. Architect4122 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Location:
    Austin, TX
    #9
    Just a heads up, "announce" and "ship" are two different things.

    When MBP SR was announced it was a solid 2 weeks before shipping, and even then there was a huge shortage which increased some people's wait time to 5+ weeks.

    Oh yeah, and as Apple has become increasingly popular, some people believe their quality control has decreased, so there are always some bugs to work out on first releases.

    You can wait 15 days (which honestly I would despite the above :p ) but before I would feel good laying down the cash for something, it'll probably be another month+ after the "announcement."

    It comes down to the "do you need it now?" question.
     
  10. NAG macrumors 68030

    NAG

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2003
    Location:
    /usr/local/apps/nag
    #10
    Yeah, it probably won't get to you for about a week or so. Still, I'd wait. At the very least you might get a price cut or something.
     
  11. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

    GfPQqmcRKUvP

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2005
    Location:
    Terminus
    #11
    I am so sick of these threads. People, if you want a laptop, wait till after the biggest mac event of the year when all the laptops are due for upgrades. How is this so hard to get?
     

Share This Page