About to pull the trigger on black MacBook....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fotomatt1, Dec 31, 2007.

1. fotomatt1 macrumors regular

I was given a very large apple store gift card for the holidays, and have been planning on purchasing a new black MacBook. I'm really going back and forth between getting it now, or waiting until MWSF to see what's coming. Is it really likely that there will be a new MacBook, or is it more likely to see a new MBP that is going to be much more expensive anyway? Just can't decide if it's worth it to wait or not....

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Only 15 days? I'd wait, no doubt about that at all.

3. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

2nd that. Wait! You never know what will happen and you don't what a bad case of buyer's remorse.

Cheers,

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

I would wait. MBP will most likely see an update,
    that means MBP refurb prices will be reduced. Unless you really want the small form factor of MB of course.

If you absolutely do not want to wait, get it within 14 days of MacWorld, and return it on the day, but
    taking a 10% hit on the price for opened-package returns.

5. macjay macrumors 6502

6. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

WAIT!!!!! only 2 weeks and you wont have any regrets!!!:D

7. capitanbuzo macrumors 65816

I would wait but the MBP is probably the only thing that will be updated.

8. island macrumors 6502

island

Buy it now, if something good comes out at MW then return it and eat the restock fee, unless the unit stops working somehow...

:)

9. Architect4122 macrumors regular

Just a heads up, "announce" and "ship" are two different things.

When MBP SR was announced it was a solid 2 weeks before shipping, and even then there was a huge shortage which increased some people's wait time to 5+ weeks.

Oh yeah, and as Apple has become increasingly popular, some people believe their quality control has decreased, so there are always some bugs to work out on first releases.

You can wait 15 days (which honestly I would despite the above :p ) but before I would feel good laying down the cash for something, it'll probably be another month+ after the "announcement."

It comes down to the "do you need it now?" question.

10. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Yeah, it probably won't get to you for about a week or so. Still, I'd wait. At the very least you might get a price cut or something.

11. GfPQqmcRKUvP macrumors 68040

GfPQqmcRKUvP

I am so sick of these threads. People, if you want a laptop, wait till after the biggest mac event of the year when all the laptops are due for upgrades. How is this so hard to get?