About to Pull the Trigger on New iMac, Missing Anything??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rhobes, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Rhobes macrumors 6502

Oct 28, 2004
    Bigfork, MT
    Hi All-

(usage: Photographer, Website Designer; on a small scale but want room to upgrade/expand)

So I was torn between going with a Mac Pro vs iMac. All reasons considered it's going to be:

2.8GHz i7
    2x4 (8GB) SDRAM
    2TB HD
    Magic Mouse
    Apple Keyboard w/ Numeric Keypad
    Apple Care

I still don't know what to do for backup if I need to do anything, see separate post on this issue in this forum "Backup for New iMac System".

I want to get it all & be done with it. Any cables, firewires, speakers, accessories in general that I need to through in? Will my Belkin USB Hub still work (Hasn't USB been upgraded?). See sig for present hardware.

I have printer, scanner(neither of these firewire both ~10+ years old), card reader, & D300 Nikon as peripherals. Will my printer/scanner be compatible? The printer & scanner still work great but I'm sure they won't be supported much longer...?

I originally was going to add a monitor but am holding off until I see how well the 27" works for me.

Any suggestions/additions before I click the BUY button??? :D
  2. auero macrumors 65816

Sep 15, 2006
    You can really save yourself some money if you buy the ram from someone like crucial. That's up to you though. Its very easy to do too.