About to Pull the Trigger on New iMac, Missing Anything??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rhobes, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Rhobes macrumors 6502

Rhobes

Hi All-

(usage: Photographer, Website Designer; on a small scale but want room to upgrade/expand)

So I was torn between going with a Mac Pro vs iMac. All reasons considered it's going to be:

iMac
    2.8GHz i7
    2x4 (8GB) SDRAM
    2TB HD
    Magic Mouse
    Apple Keyboard w/ Numeric Keypad
    Apple Care

I still don't know what to do for backup if I need to do anything, see separate post on this issue in this forum "Backup for New iMac System".

I want to get it all & be done with it. Any cables, firewires, speakers, accessories in general that I need to through in? Will my Belkin USB Hub still work (Hasn't USB been upgraded?). See sig for present hardware.

I have printer, scanner(neither of these firewire both ~10+ years old), card reader, & D300 Nikon as peripherals. Will my printer/scanner be compatible? The printer & scanner still work great but I'm sure they won't be supported much longer...?

I originally was going to add a monitor but am holding off until I see how well the 27" works for me.

Any suggestions/additions before I click the BUY button??? :D

2. auero macrumors 65816

You can really save yourself some money if you buy the ram from someone like crucial. That's up to you though. Its very easy to do too.