About to restore macbook, itunes question?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by XxpikachuxX, Oct 2, 2013.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

Hi i have updated my original aluminum macbook to the newest OS which is 10.8.5 but i find it has made my mac very slow and everything is a little laggy, my question is the next, if i want to restore my macbook to its original snow leopard but keep itunes and my iphone the same what do i do? i mean when i go back to snow leopard i want my itunes and iphone to act the same without deleting anything from my iPhone when i connect the usb again? i heard if if the iphone thinks its ah new computer it will delete everything :(

2. brandscill macrumors 6502

How much RAM you got? My brother upgraded and put 8GB RAM in his Aluminium Macbook and now its nice and speedy.

3. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

4. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

5. The Unseen macrumors member

The Unseen

You have to do this BEFORE the connection to the Mac.

Open iTunes, go to Preferences -> Devices and check "Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically".

When you will connect the iPhone, in the "Summary" section, check the "Manually manage music and videos" option.

I think that Brandscill is right, your amount of RAM is very low, maybe also for Snow Leopard, at least to work heavily on it. You can find not very high prices for a kit for some brands like Komputerbay and others