About to sell - Jailbreak or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by denald, Aug 3, 2008.

1. denald macrumors newbie

I am getting ready to put my 8GB iPhone on eBay since I got the new iPhone 3g. Is there an advantage to selling as jail broken or not? If the question is dumb I'm sorry, really just don't know if it would be an advantage or not.

Thanks for any thoughts and have a great day!

Denald

2. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

Well, I don't know anything about jailbreaking the iphone. But I would say if you are not familiar with the process either, just sell it as is. That way the person who buys it from you can do whatever they want with it.

3. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

You SHOULD sell it jailbroken and unlocked with Firmware 2.0. It is known that if you jailbreak and unlock the biddings may get higher, since some people don't know how to jailbreak/unlock or don't want to. You want everything uptodate on it, that means using firmware 2.0. This increases the chances of getting a higher price. Good Luck (also you the pwnage tool!)

4. philgilder macrumors 68000

defiantly jailbreak and unlock it, you will get more money for it

heres a detailed guide to follow, for mac or pc

5. denald thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link and that is what I will do!

Denald

6. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Should you remove the sim before selling/shipping a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone?

7. NiroshanMan macrumors 6502

Definitely. This is your sim, there is no point of giving it to them. Unless you bought the iPhone and never activated the sim it may be alright so they can activate it themselves, but there is no point so don't.

8. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

As others have said YES, unlock that sucker with 2.0. I just sold an 8GB unlocked with scratches and dents for $395. It definitely ups the value when it's unlocked, especially if you are willing to ship worldwide.