About to try Beta 6 - should i?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by robertkarlsen, Aug 14, 2017.

1. robertkarlsen macrumors 6502

robertkarlsen

Have Apple Watch Sport Series 2. And i would really like to try out watchOS 4.

Is it ”stable” to use? I know it’s Beta. But i really want to. I run ios 11 beta & High Sierra beta as well.

2. igrover macrumors regular

igrover

Have been running all the betas since the first release a few months ago. At least for me all of them have worked well in day to day situations.

I did have a problem with the Clear list app not working properly on the last beta however today's new version fixed that problem.

3. csurfr macrumors 6502a

I’ve been on board since I believe beta 4. I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea or not, but it’s been ok. It seems most of the bugs I have seen are fixed by today’s release, and now that we’re getting weekly updates it will only get better.

Be warned that you cannot choose music that is on your iPhone with your watch. That functionality is gone. Apple has made the music app stand alone for now. Not sure the reasoning to that, but it seems to be intentional.

4. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Getting close to time to try the betas. I really prefer a stable watch and iPhone, but usually try the betas on my iPad earlier.

5. dre_man macrumors newbie

Crashed my series 2 into a never ending apple logo boot. Good luck!

6. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

+1 and it end up at Apple for replacement

Attached Files:

7. mous94410 macrumors regular

Is this problem covered if your watch is out of warranty ?

8. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Yes. It’s working very well even on my series 0 watches. There are no bugs present which affect my daily usage of it and battery life seems the same as 3.2.3 (if that’s what it currently any recall). Also working very well in my partners series 2. No issues with installation at all on any beta so far.

9. nutmac macrumors 68040

My answer would've been "no" prior to yesterday's beta 6. But beta 6 is a HUGE improvement from previous betas, with significant performance improvements (even for series 0). My answer is now yes, but then again, I've only been using beta 6 for a day so your mileage may vary.

10. az431 macrumors 6502

Haven’t had any issues. Runs as stable as WatchOS 3.

11. abdulkar.im macrumors 65816

abdulkar.im

When I update the watch I always have my iPhone plugged in too and also turn off the Auto-Lock just to be sure

12. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

I think regarding the different bugs etc. it’s close to a complete release now and feel better than beta 5 performance wise.

My battery life is still not even close to watchOS 3 though

13. ZebraDude macrumors 6502a

ZebraDude

A BIG factor is if you use a lot of Third Party apps. I use a bunch and this is why I will not try it. Now if you use none as many do then dive in the water is good! :)