About to try Beta 6 - should i?

robertkarlsen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2011
Halmstad, Sweden
Have Apple Watch Sport Series 2. And i would really like to try out watchOS 4.

Is it ”stable” to use? I know it’s Beta. But i really want to. I run ios 11 beta & High Sierra beta as well.

igrover

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2007
Have been running all the betas since the first release a few months ago. At least for me all of them have worked well in day to day situations.

I did have a problem with the Clear list app not working properly on the last beta however today's new version fixed that problem.

csurfr

macrumors 68020
Dec 7, 2016
Seattle, WA
I’ve been on board since I believe beta 4. I wasn’t sure if it was a good idea or not, but it’s been ok. It seems most of the bugs I have seen are fixed by today’s release, and now that we’re getting weekly updates it will only get better.

Be warned that you cannot choose music that is on your iPhone with your watch. That functionality is gone. Apple has made the music app stand alone for now. Not sure the reasoning to that, but it seems to be intentional.

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Getting close to time to try the betas. I really prefer a stable watch and iPhone, but usually try the betas on my iPad earlier.

Defender2010

macrumors 68040
Jun 6, 2010
England
Yes. It’s working very well even on my series 0 watches. There are no bugs present which affect my daily usage of it and battery life seems the same as 3.2.3 (if that’s what it currently any recall). Also working very well in my partners series 2. No issues with installation at all on any beta so far.

nutmac

macrumors 601
Mar 30, 2004
My answer would've been "no" prior to yesterday's beta 6. But beta 6 is a HUGE improvement from previous betas, with significant performance improvements (even for series 0). My answer is now yes, but then again, I've only been using beta 6 for a day so your mileage may vary.

xDKP

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I think regarding the different bugs etc. it’s close to a complete release now and feel better than beta 5 performance wise.

My battery life is still not even close to watchOS 3 though

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Have Apple Watch Sport Series 2. And i would really like to try out watchOS 4.

Is it ”stable” to use? I know it’s Beta. But i really want to. I run ios 11 beta & High Sierra beta as well.
A BIG factor is if you use a lot of Third Party apps. I use a bunch and this is why I will not try it. Now if you use none as many do then dive in the water is good! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.