Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Totty1987

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Hi there

I'm about to inbox my MacBook pro, which was delivered yesterday. Are there any steps I should take in regards to charging the system and just general setup. This is my first mac and I'd like to take the necessary steps to ensure my baby is up and running

Thanx in advance

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Hi there

I'm about to inbox my MacBook pro, which was delivered yesterday. Are there any steps I should take in regards to charging the system and just general setup. This is my first mac and I'd like to take the necessary steps to ensure my baby is up and running

Thanx in advance

it will step by step walk you through setup

use the battery you dont have to charge it first

eternalife

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2011
I'm dumbfounded you waited this long :)

As others have said - plug her and and let her fly. You will love it. Congrats on the purchase.

Suno

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2011
According the Tom Petty: "The waiting is the hardest part!"

You can say that again! I'm working my butt off right now to be able to pay for the whole thing and at my current rate, I should be able to purchase it mid-end of February. The wait is killing me!

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
A MBP is like a good wine. Let it ripen in the box for at least 96 hours, ideally at temperatures around 18C or 64F.

I actually let mine ripen in the box for the full 14 day return period. Mainly because I still had the old one it was replacing, and I was trying to decide if the old one was still working out OK for me, or if I really did need to upgrade it. Once the 14 day return period had passed, then I felt better about opening it. That is probably a little strange, but it works for me :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.